At Easter time, I was trying to come up with a quick, packable treat that I could bring on the plane to Boston... I came up with chocolate covered pretzels, accented with egg and bunny shaped colored sprinkles. They were easy to make and made it to Boston without getting
crushed and were gone in a flash!
Here's what you need:
- Pretzels (small rods, twists, nuggets - you pick!)
- Chocolate Chips (dark and semi-sweet seem to "dry" best)
- Sprinkles (rainbow non-perils are my favorite)
- Waxed paper
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips
- Dip pretzels into chocolate (1/2 or full dip, depending on your sweet tooth)
- Sprinkle with decorations (over a bowl, so you can recycle the spilled sprinkles)
- Place on waxed paper to dry for a few hours.
- Store in an air-tight container
A few notes:
I Also tried making chocolate dipped marshmallows, which were very yummy and
a big hit with my taste testers!
Treats like this also make a great party favor (just place in a clear goodie bag and tie with ribbon. I just made some last week as a baby shower favor... let's just say there were no leftovers!