Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lily's Love Potion - Valentine's for Toddlers

So... I was instructed by Lily's teachers to bring in a valentine for each child in her class and was provided with a list of names. The funny part is that most of the kids in her "class" can't even stand up, let alone walk, or eat candy so I had to be creative and figure out what was appropriate. Obviously, I couldn't just buy the store bought cards...obviously.

I was strolling through Target and saw bubbles... instantly I started thinking about fun ways to turn that into a valentine and came up with "Lily's Love Potion"!!!

They had 6 packs of bubbles for $2.99 - less than one pack of the little cards!

I then had to figure out how to package them...
I had recently seen some cute baking blogs that had great ways to package valentine cookies, so i just followed their lead.









Here's what you need:
  • Small bottles of bubbles
  • Nice cardstock or construction paper (I used red)
  • Candy Bags (plain or printed)
  • Stickers
  • Sharpie or nice pen
  • Stapler
  • Scissors





Measure your paper into 4" squares. Fold each piece in 1/2 to create your label - You can write anything, or just use stickers. You could also print them on a printer.

Place the bubbles into the bag. Fold the bag over a few times. Place the label over the folds trying to keep the edges neat and staple each side of the bag and label together.

It's that easy!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea! "love potion"...so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a really cool Valentines Day Blog. I found the gift ideas given here very interesting.
    Valentines Day Gift ideas for Husband

    ReplyDelete